BY SURFING WITH BASE SURF LODGE, YOU CONFIRM THAT YOU (AS WELL AS ANY MINORS THAT YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR) FULLY ACCEPT TO BE BOUND BY THE SURFING TERMS AND CONDITIONS DETAILED BELOW. FAILURE TO DO SO MAY RESULT IN THE CANCELLATION OR EARLY TERMINATION OF YOUR SURF LESSON OR PACKAGE.
- Your instructor’s decisions regarding safety are final. All instruction/direction given by Base Surf Lodge staff must be adhered to at all times. In refusal to do so the instructor has the right to terminate the lesson immediately with no refund.
- Base Surf Lodge accepts no responsibility for personal injury or loss/damage of personal property, however caused, at any time during your surf lesson(s). Base Surf Lodge recommends that all participants of our surf lessons take out their own personal insurance before taking part. This is to ensure sufficient cover for any such incidents.
- Your instructor will make every effort to ensure all surf lessons last for the advertised duration of time. However the tide, sea and weather conditions can affect the amount of time it is safe to be in the water. Base Surf Lodge cannot be held responsible for any alterations in the route or length of lesson caused by environmental factors.
- Base Surf Lodge understands and accepts general wear and tear on all equipment leant out for surf lessons. However any abuse/mistreatment of equipment during surf lessons will not be tolerated and any damage costs will be paid for by the responsible participant.
- Base Surf Lodge reserves the right to refuse to teach anyone in line with the Refusals Policy, specifically anyone believed to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- All participants must be competent/able swimmers to the extent that they are comfortable in an open water environment and can tread water. If you are not confident in your own swimming ability you must make this known to your instructor before taking part in a surf lesson.
- If at any point Base Surf Lodge instructors deem that the weather or sea conditions are unsuitable for beginning/continuing a surf lesson, alternative dates/times will be offered in line with the Flat Water & High Seas Policy.
- All relevant pre-existing medical conditions must be disclosed prior to commencing any surfing tuition. All information will be treated in the upmost confidence.
- You are entitled to view all policies & insurance documents relevant to your surf lesson or package. Please ask any member of the Base Surf Lodge team.
- Occasionally Base Surf Lodge may have an official photographer taking photographs of your surf lesson(s). If you or anyone you are responsible for would rather not be photographed or if you have any queries or concerns relating to our photography then please notify any member of the Base Surf School team.
Last Revised: 17/01/2022