5 Night Improver Surf Camp Cornwall
Immerse yourself in true surf culture with our 5 Night Improver Surf Camp, Cornwall.
Learn to surf with confidence and develop any rad skills you already have.
Benefit from surf specific movement training, you can even take home.
Relax with comfortable accommodation in the most perfect location in Newquay.
Indulge in healthy breakfasts and a delicious wood-fired barbecue.
- A very warm welcome by your hosts Rob and Lou.
- 5 x Nights accommodation with a healthy and hearty breakfast each morning.
- 5 x Group surf lessons (2hrs each) on either Fistral or Towan Beach.
- An introduction to surfing, water safety and surf equipment.
- Basic movement training and a surf specific warm up each lesson.
- Expert, technical coaching for beginners, progressors and intermediate surfers.
- Individual guidance with a step-by-step breakdown of each movement, to help you progress smoothly.
- Regular feedback giving you the feel of a private lesson but with the fun of being in a group.
- 5 x Full day surf hire – surfboard and wetsuit – giving you the option to stay longer at the beach after your lesson or head back down after lunch.
- 1 x Evening meal – a delicious feast cooked on our wood-fired bbq, using carefully selected fresh, local and sustainable produce.
- Free tea and coffee in the cozy living area, anytime of the day.
- Plenty of free time to make your holiday your own, without the need to rush around.
- Expert advice on the perfect surf equipment for your individual surfing level, so you can progress with ease.
- The opportunity to share our intimate knowledge of the local area and discover how much is truly on our doorstep.
- Peace of mind, knowing you’ve chosen to stay in a place that’s devoted to sustainability and powered by renewable energy.
Price – All of this from just £300pp
What our guests are saying…
“A Treasure of Adventures Found in Cornwall”
“Lou and Rob were magnificent hosts from the moment I booked my trip and even after I was back home. I am definitely coming back to this gem – I can not fault anything, the experience was unique and value for money. If you are looking for a place to stay and meet like- minded and awesome people BASE SURF LOGDE IS YOUR PLACE! Also the fact Fistral beach was literally 5 mins away made things easier and accessible.”
– Wendy C
5 Night Improver Surf Camp Cornwall
In the 12 years we’ve been running Base Surf Lodge, our aim has always been to provide the best place for you to come and experience surfing life. We welcome all level surfers, so if you are new to surfing and feel adventurous, or you’re experienced and want to improve your skills, you’ve come to the right place.
In true surfer style, we focus on being flexible and relaxed, giving you the opportunity to make our surf camps, your own. If we go on a surf trip ourselves, we want everything to be as hassle free as possible and can only imagine you’d want the same. We also like to be able to enjoy the area we are visiting and want time to explore, rather than having a cram packed schedule with no time to chill. So, we have designed our surf camps to be hassle free and to give you the freedom to do whatever makes you happiest on your holiday, whether that’s relaxing in the sun or staying in the water till your surfed out.
Hassle Free Holiday
- Your booking is Covid Secure (see Covid tab above)
- We are flexible with check-in and departure times, as we live in-house.
- Our surf lesson times are flexible so you get the best of the daily surf conditions.
- Our evening barbecue will be organised for whichever day has the best weather.
- Your daily schedule will mostly be free for you to do whatever makes you happiest.
- Surf hire is included for the whole duration of your stay, so you can choose how much or how little you’d like to surf around your lessons.
- Everything is walking distance from the lodge, so no transfers, taxis or queueing in traffic to get to the beach.
- If you have other arrangements during your stay, we will happily work around your schedule.
- Overall, we are pretty chilled so if you have any requests or you’d like to custom your own surf camp, please feel free to get in touch.
With private and shared* dorm room options you can choose your perfect getaway. Our shared dorm style rooms are ideal if you are travelling alone and would like to meet other like-minded surfing guests. While our private options are great for couples, small groups of friends and families.
Our communal bathrooms are newly renovated with a modern and boutique feel. The cozy living area provides you with a space to relax with a freshly pressed coffee or to make use of the free wifi and catch up on some work from home.
If you can’t get enough of the outdoors then head out into our tropical garden to soak up some rays and take in the fresh sea-breeze. While you’re there, why not test your green fingers and see how many veggies you can name that are growing in the raised beds.
*Our shared dorm room options are currently unavailable with Covid restrictions. If you are travelling by yourself we have some private rooms available with a single person supplement of £10 extra a night. If you have any questions please feel free to get in touch on 07766132124.
Base Surf Lodge is located in the most perfect location, at the heart of British surfing. Newquay boasts a thriving surf culture with a beautiful coastline. Fistral and Towan beaches are both just 5 minutes walk away from where you will be staying. These beaches face the Atlantic Ocean in different directions, providing a variety of great surf conditions for all abilities. Sainsbury’s supermarket and all the amenities of town, including top quality restaurants, small independent shops and cafes, are all within walking distance.
For all the adventurous souls Newquay has endless great options to keep you busy:
- beautifully rugged coastal walks
- visiting the local octopus at the aquarium
- launching yourself off cliffs while coasteering
- stand-up paddle boarding on the Gannel Estuary
- fishing on a boat trip from Newquay harbour
- scuba diving with marine life including the resident seals
Our small team of experienced surf coaches are here to give you the knowledge and skillset to enjoy the power of the ocean and ride its waves in style. Whether you are totally new to surfing or experienced and keen to learn more, we guarantee to help you become a better surfer.
As fully qualified and highly trained surf coaches, we offer you much more than the classic ‘just copy me’ style of lesson. We give each of you in-depth and technical coaching, both on land and in the water. No matter what your level or which movements you may need help with, our coaches are masters of breaking each phase down so you can progress with ease.
As a team, our goal is to share our knowledge of surfing with you and to leave you empowered with valuable life skills. During your surf camp, we will discuss how to safely avoid or manage rip currents. You will learn how the daily surf, tide and weather conditions affect the waves and how this differs on each beach. Together, we will go through a surf specific warm-up with basic movement training and breath control. All of this is really important to maintain a healthy and long-term relationship with surfing. Because who doesn’t want to be surfing when they’re 80?
Our Surf Camps are designed with FLEXIBILITY to give you the FREEDOM to create your own perfect surf trip.
- No set dates.
- No set duration.
- No re-arranging your schedule to fit in with us.
- No stressing about getting unwanted time off work.
Arrive any day of the week and stay as long as you like.
Our 2 Night Surf Camp runs through May, June and September.
All our other camps run from early May through to the end of September.
Here at Base Surf Lodge we are doing everything we can to meet current government guidelines to be able to open and operate safely for the 2021 season. With all the current uncertainties we are remaining flexible but hopeful that this summer will be great for us all. If you have any concerns or questions regarding our Covid operating procedure please feel to get in contact on 07766132124.
All bookings made directly with us are COVID-SECURE. Meaning we are offering full refunds of deposits for all Covid related cancellations. For example if we are unable to be open or operate under Government Restrictions; or if you are unable to come and stay with us due to Covid, we will offer you a voucher or simply refund your deposit.
For all bookings made via online booking agents, such as BookSurfCamps, please check their own cancellation policies as they all differ. We are more than happy to help with communications if necessary, however they have total control of your deposits, not us unfortunately.